Tuesday, September 1, 2009

General Update- 090901

I went out this afternoon and dug two post holes for the last two posts for the chicken yard. I mis-measured on the first post and had to pull it and re-dig the hole. So, all four poles are in and I used the old dog kennel gate for the entrance to the chicken yard. I need to change out the second to the tol rung of the ladder/perch in the chicken house and add a longer last rung.

I need to add the chicken wire to the chicken yard and figure out the configuration; where to hang the waterers and feeders. I also need to think about creating further shelter. I will either add something to the chicken house, or add a little nook somewhere in the chicken yard.

Maybe add a slightly bigger nest box below the first box. If I did this the wood-row would protect the house from the East and the box from the other three directions.

I also want to run some conduit and wire to the coop area and the rabbitry; lighting for the coop and rabbitry, and a fan(s) for the rabbitry to help combat Summer heat. I could also run a line to the aquaponics area. I will also need to run a water line to the chiken and rabbit areas. I will also develop a rain catchment system to compensate for the "city water".

Tony
Cantonment

No comments:

Post a Comment